This is a list of software development books that will shame you because they are so mighty!
- Object Thinking by David West.
- Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, and Practices by Bob Martin.
- Hackers and Painters by Paul Graham.
- The Object Oriented Thought Process by Matt Weisfeld.
- Smart and Gets Things Done: Joel Spolsky’s Concise Guide to Finding the Best Technical Talent by Joel Spolsky.
- Joel on Software by Joel Spolsky.
- The Best Software Writing I by Joel Spolsky.
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John M. Vlissides.
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code by Martin Fowler.
- Applying UML and Patterns: An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Iterative Development by Craig Larman.
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas.
- The Mythical Man Month by Fred Brooks
Open Source Software
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar by Eric Raymond.
- Free as in Freedom by Richard Stallman
- Just for Fun by Linus Torvalds
- In the Beginning… was the Command Line by Neal Stephenson.
- iWoz by Steve Wozniak.
- The Myths of Innovation by Scott Berkun